Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Jo'burg Bound

Well, the plane is in the air. The guys have just left Frankfurt and are heading for Johannesburg.

I got a few emails back and forth from Desi's blackberry but his emails were taking SO long to reach me (Darn RIM needs to buy more servers to keep up with traffic). I got most of them long after he'd been back in the air.

They went to visit a few churches in Mainz and had some bland food. The part they liked the most was the passport stamp they got when they left the airport.

They'll be arriving in Jozie in the morning, local time. Then they'll split into 2 groups with two of the men flying on to Nelspruit to make a missions conference.

So, next update will be in tomorrow.

2 comments:

a pinprick of light pregnant with hope said...

About the seating he wrote:

I have Brian across the aisle to my left, Paul right in front of me on the aisle & Bob in front of Brian, across the aisle to Pauls left.

I was emailing him to point out that I realized from scrolling through his flight info that almost all of his seats are aisle seats, except for the one trans-atlantic where he was in the middle of the centre section. Ugh.

a pinprick of light pregnant with hope said...

They've landed safely in Johannesburg and everyone has their luggage.
Desi and Brian are waiting to board their last flight for the next few days at least.
Paul and Bob got picked up by Paul's friend.
Weather is good, at 16*C and getting warmer. It had rained but now is fine.